NASA’s Nicholas Skytland and Alicia Llewellyn preview the NASA Open Government Plan 2.0 which highlights the progress that NASA has made in the Open Government arena, and plots a course for the future. Nicholas and Alicia talk about some of the influences and inspirations for the new-style plan, and share with listeners an insight into the process of embedding Open Government into the culture of the agency.
About Nicholas Skytland
- Nicholas Skytland is a NASA engineer, designer, entrepreneur, and advocate for NASA’s Open Government Initiative. He has a passion for engaging all generations in the adventure of space exploration and is continually working to help NASA embrace new technologies, increase public participation and innovate on how the Agency does business. Combining elements of space exploration, science, technology, visual art and storytelling, Nicholas is well known for many of his presentations promoting NASA, the human space program, participatory exploration and the Open Government initiative.
About Alicia Llewellyn
- Ali Llewellyn is OpenGov Community Advocate at NASA. Ali has almost 5 years of experience at NASA, developing better and more open business processes, telling stories about NASA’s exciting life sciences work, bridging the gap between generations in the workforce on use of technology, and co-leading an international education outreach pilot project encouraging students to “train like an astronaut.” She has a bachelor’s degree in classics from the University of Texas and studied cross-cultural communication and people movements in graduate school.
How you can use this episode
Listen to the episode
If you aren’t able to stream using the player below, please use the ‘play’ or ‘download’ links provided.
Episode links and resources
- NASA Open Government Plan 2.0
- The downloadable NASA Open Government Plan 2.0
- Infographic: A Plan for Openness
- Infographic: NASA OpenGov progress report
- NASA Open Government website
- International Space Apps Challenge website
- Open Government Partnership website
- New York City Digital Roadmap
Want more links? Check out our Delicious!
Social share with others
You can use the social sharing links at the top of the page to easily share this story with your networks. You can also follow and join in the social conversation about this episode with:
- People and organisations:
- Tags: #nasa #opengov #spaceapps #OGP
Want to recommend other tags? Add them in the Comments space below.
Feedback your comments and suggestions
Share your thoughts on this episode in the comments field below. This could include answering questions such as:
- What did you like in this conversation?
- Do you disagree with something said in this interview?
- Did this conversation leave something out that we should discuss in future?
- Does this trigger an episode or case that you’d like to see discussed
- Does this raise any topic or people that you think we should cover?
Please observe the Gov 2.0 Radio conversation etiquette.