Tune in for a conversation with Gwynne Kostin from the U.S. General Services Administration about new innovations in m-gov and the programs being developed by the GSA to support agencies in delivering of government services using mobile devices.
The focus of the Mobile Program Management Office is to help Federal agencies to make government information and services available to the public any time, anywhere and on any device… it’s critical for government to try to figure out how to move into this [mobile] space and make government make more sense to where people are.
About Gwynne Kostin
Gwynne Kostin is Director, Mobile in the Office of Citizen Services & Innovative Technologies at the U.S. General Services Administration. She is working with federal agencies to clear a citizen-centric path for mobile access to government.
Gwynne previously was director of GSA’s Center for New Media and Citizen Engagement, where she worked to make it easier for government to engage with citizens and citizens to engage with government through the development of cross agency tools, policies and services. There she launched the government’s free, policy-compliant “build-a-blog” platform apps.gov NOW and the contest platform challenge.gov.
As Director of New Media for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, she drove the use of new technologies to solve business problems creating the department’s first social media strategy, developing a cross-agency web communications model for disaster response, and leading new media communications and strategy for the department’s 22 agencies.
Prior to joining public service, she spent ten years in new technologies, including founding a successful Internet start–up in an association and leading strategic Web communications in health care and education. She enjoys talking to interesting people and figuring out how things work.
How you can use this episode
Listen to the episode
If you aren’t able to stream using the player below, please use the ‘play’ or ‘download’ links provided.
Episode links and resources
- Mobile Gov Community of Practice to support agency practitioners in delivering mobile services
- Making Mobile Gov Project
- Apps gallery inside apps.data.gov which gives agencies some good ideas for mobile apps
- Mobile Gov Wiki to share knowledge
- Mobile Gov Wikithon #5 – a focused gathering to develop the knowledge on the wiki
- Post from Gwynne Kostin on Govloop on the challenges of Gov 2.0 – “Doing Gov 2.0 backwards in high heels”
Want more links? Check out our Delicious!
Social share with others
You can use the social sharing links at the top of the page to easily share this story with your networks. You can also follow and join in the social conversation about this episode with:
- People and organisations:
- Tags: #mobilegov
Want to recommend other tags? Add them in the Comments space below.
Feedback your comments and suggestions
Share your thoughts on this episode in the comments field below. This could include answering questions such as:
- What did you like in this conversation?
- Do you disagree with something said in this interview?
- Did this conversation leave something out that we should discuss in future?
- Does this trigger an episode or case that you’d like to see discussed
- Does this raise any topic or people that you think we should cover?
Please observe the Gov 2.0 Radio conversation etiquette.