We’re joined by Julio Gonzalez Altamirano from Open Austin and Matt Esquibel from the City of Austin to talk about open government, open data, and civic application development in the city.
A lot of credit goes to the Austin community – the technical expertise and the energy helps the City develop that kind of mindframe as we’re going forward.
About Julio Gonzalez Altamirano and Matt Esquibel
- Julio Gonzalez Altamirano is the founder and a key leader in the Open Austin network, working closely with the City to support greater open govenrment outcomes and mobilizing local citizens to participate in Open Austin activities.
- Matt Esquibel is Programmer Analyst Supervisor for Internet/Intranet Web Design in the Office of Communications & Technology Management at the City of Austin in Texas. Matt has been leading the open government initiatives for the City of Austin, and is the key liaison point with the Open Austin community.
How you can use this episode
Listen to the episode
If you aren’t able to stream using the player below, please use the ‘play’ or ‘download’ links provided.
Episode links and resources
- Interview with Matt Esquibel on GovFresh
- Open Austin website for civic activists and participants
- The new City of Austin website and Open Data Portal
Want more links? Check out our Delicious!
Social share with others
You can use the social sharing links at the top of the page to easily share this story with your networks. You can also follow and join in the social conversation about this episode with:
- People and organisations:
- Tags: #openaustin
Want to recommend other tags? Add them in the Comments space below.
Feedback your comments and suggestions
Share your thoughts on this episode in the comments field below. This could include answering questions such as:
- What did you like in this conversation?
- Do you disagree with something said in this interview?
- Did this conversation leave something out that we should discuss in future?
- Does this trigger an episode or case that you’d like to see discussed
- Does this raise any topic or people that you think we should cover?
Please observe the Gov 2.0 Radio conversation etiquette.