Organizing Your Crowd: Joe Edelman, founder of Groundcrew, and Joseph Porcelli of Neighbors for Neighbors join Gov 2.0 Radio for a discussion of the Groundcrew technology, which allows organizers to use smartphones, Twitter and text messaging to dispatch volunteer teams.
It’s been used for fun community building, by political campaigns, businesses, and, in Porcelli’s case, for organizing teams of folks to shovel snow for elderly neighbors. Porcelli also talks about his new role as director of GovEngage.
How you can use this episode
Listen to the episode
If you aren’t able to stream using the player below, please use the ‘play’ or ‘download’ links provided.
Share and feedback
You can use the social sharing links at the top of the page to easily share this story with your networks. You can also share your thoughts on this episode in the comments field below. This could include answering questions such as:
- What did you like in this conversation?
- Do you disagree with something said in this interview?
- Did this conversation leave something out that we should discuss in future?
- Does this trigger an episode or case that you’d like to see discussed
- Does this raise any topic or people that you think we should cover?
Please observe the Gov 2.0 Radio conversation etiquette.