Be A Hero: Richard Price, chief of the San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District, shares the latest on a new app that links trained volunteers with heart attack victims using GPS-enabled smart phones. You can view a PSA, learn more, and register interest in the Chain of Life 2.0 project here.
Chief Price tells Gov 2.0 Radio that volunteer developers from Workday are building out a software development kit for the project, while a foundation will help implement it and provide support for agencies in the U.S. and around the world. He says that communities can get a head start on adopting this technology by accurately inventorying AEDs. Learn more at http://firedepartment.mobi.
How you can use this episode
Listen to the episode
If you aren’t able to stream using the player below, please use the ‘play’ or ‘download’ links provided.
Share and feedback
You can use the social sharing links at the top of the page to easily share this story with your networks. You can also share your thoughts on this episode in the comments field below. This could include answering questions such as:
- What did you like in this conversation?
- Do you disagree with something said in this interview?
- Did this conversation leave something out that we should discuss in future?
- Does this trigger an episode or case that you’d like to see discussed
- Does this raise any topic or people that you think we should cover?
Please observe the Gov 2.0 Radio conversation etiquette.